Unit Plan: Life on Turtle Island (7)
Click here to access the printable version of this unit plan overview.
This unit plan overview provides links to all lessons along with links to accompanying teacher support materials that include:
- Student worksheets and answer guides for individual lessons
- Inquiry activities (support materials are provided as needed)
NOTE - answer keys/marking guides are accessible only by teachers and are located at the bottom of this page.
Teachers can use/adapt any of these materials as needed.
When possible, content will be updated yearly for relevancy and to check links. However, teachers may find that over time links to external sources become unavailable. Teachers may want to consider replacing these with alternate sources.
The Life on Turtle Island lessons and links to resources are listed below.
Download worksheets and make available to your students:
Holistic Reflection Worksheet - use with individual lessons and/or as a final activity.
- Lesson 1: Guidelines for Using Respectful Language
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Worksheet 1 (15 min)
- Activity: Guidelines in the Headlines (20 min)
- Lesson 2: Viewing the World: Sky Woman’s Story
- Activity: Sky Woman’s Story (20 min)
- Lesson 3: Interactions & Exchanges
- Activity: Mapping Turtle Island (20 min)
- Activity: Trading Goods (15 min)
- Activity: The Importance of the Bison (15 min)
- Lesson 4: Treaties
- Literacy Builder- Vocab Worksheet 2 (10 min)
*Keep an eye out for additional resources in the future.*
Go here if you need to make a class on Kids Boost Immunity.
Go here to get your students to join.
Contact email@example.com if you need help.
Questions? Feedback? Leave a comment below!
(sign in as a teacher to view/submit comments)