Unit Plan: Navigating the World of Online (Mis)Information (6-7)
This unit plan overview provides links to all lessons along with links to accompanying teacher support materials that include:
Literacy-building activities with answer guides
Inquiry activities (support materials are provided as needed)
NOTE - answer keys/marking guides are accessible only by teachers and are located at the bottom of this page.
Teachers can use/adapt any of these materials as needed.
When possible, content will be updated yearly for relevancy and to check links. However, teachers may find that over time links to external sources become unavailable. Teachers may want to consider replacing these with alternate sources.
Navigating the World of Online (Mis)Information (6-7) lessons and links to resources are listed below.
Online lessons have audio and interactive activities. Suggested grade level is indicated for each.
Download worksheets and make available to your students:
- Lesson 1: DMHO - A Deadly Substance (approx. 15 mins)
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Terms 1 (approx. 10 mins)
- Lesson 2: How Do We Know Things About the World? (approx. 25 mins)
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Terms 2 (approx 15 mins)
- NOTE here are two similar activities related to identifying communal types of expertise/knowledge.
- Lesson 3: How Misinformation Can Feel True (approx. 20 mins)
- Answer Guides—To hide from students, you have to be logged in and scroll down to the answer key section below!
Go here if you need to make a class on Kids Boost Immunity.
Go here to get your students to join
Contact email@example.com if you need help.
Questions? Feedback? Leave a comment below!
(sign in as a teacher to view/submit comments)