Unit Plan: Life on Turtle Island (4)
Click here to access the printable version of this unit plan overview.
This unit plan overview provides links to all lessons along with links to accompanying teacher support materials that include:
- Student worksheets and answer guides for individual lessons
- Inquiry activities (support materials are provided as needed)
NOTE - answer keys/marking guides are accessible only by teachers and are located at the bottom of this page.
Teachers can use/adapt any of these materials as needed.
When possible, content will be updated yearly for relevancy and to check links. . However, teachers may find that over time links to external sources become unavailable. Teachers may want to consider replacing these with alternate sources.
The Life on Turtle Island lessons and links to resources are listed below.
Download worksheets and make available to your students:
- Lesson 1: Why Terms Matter
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Worksheet 1 (5 min)
- Matching Activity Worksheet (10 min)
- Activity: Understanding Indigenous Symbols (10 min)
- Lesson 2: The Story of Sky Woman
- Activity: Draw Sky Woman’s Story (30-40 minutes)
- Lesson 3: From Time Immemorial
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Worksheet 2 (10 min)
- Lesson 4: The Land and Its Peoples
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Worksheet 3 (10 min)
- Activity: Recognizing The Land and Its Peoples (15 min)
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Worksheet 4 (10 min)
- Lesson 5: Medicine from the Land
Holistic Reflection Worksheet - use with any lesson or as a final activity.
Go here if you need to make a class on Kids Boost Immunity.
Go here to get your students to join.
Contact email@example.com if you need help.
Questions? Feedback? Leave a comment below!
(sign in as a teacher to view/submit comments)