Unit Plan: The Immune System & How Vaccines Help Prevent Diseases (Gr 7-9)
This unit plan overview provides links to all lessons along with links to accompanying teacher support materials that include:
- Student worksheets and answer guides for individual lessons
- Inquiry activities (support materials are provided as needed)
- Numeracy activity/answer guide
NOTE - answer keys/marking guides are accessible only by teachers and are located at the bottom of this page.
Teachers can use/adapt any of these materials as needed.
When possible, content will be updated yearly for relevancy and to check links. However, teachers may find that over time links to external sources become unavailable. Teachers may want to consider replacing these with alternate sources.
The The Immune System & How Vaccines Help Prevent Diseases lessons and links to resources are listed below.
Download worksheets and make available to your students:
- Lesson 1: What is The Immune System?
- Lesson 2: The Immune System, Why Vaccines Help and How They Work
- Lesson 3: How Effective Are Vaccines?
- Lesson 5: Types of Vaccines
- Lesson 6: New Diseases on Turtle Island
- Literacy Builder-Vocab Worksheet 6 (10 min)
- Activity: Quantitative and Qualitative Information (20 minutes)
Go here if you need to make a class on Kids Boost Immunity.
Go here to get your students to join.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
Questions? Feedback? Leave a comment below!
(sign in as a teacher to view/submit comments)