Unit Plan: Classifying Living Things (4-5)
This unit plan overview provides links to all lessons along with links to accompanying teacher support materials that include:
- Student worksheets and answer guides for individual lessons
- Inquiry activities (support materials are provided as needed)
NOTE - answer keys/marking guides are accessible only by teachers and are located at the bottom of this page.
Teachers can use/adapt any of these materials as needed.
When possible, content will be updated yearly for relevancy and to check links. However, teachers may find that over time links to external sources become unavailable. Teachers may want to consider replacing these with alternate sources.
Classifying Living Things (4-5) lessons and links to resources are listed below.
Online lessons have interactive activities. Suggested grade level is indicated for each.
Download worksheets and make available to your students:
- Lesson 1: We Are Named For What We Eat (approx. 20 mins)
- Handout Living Things Vocab Worksheet 1 (approx. 10 minutes)
- Lesson 2: Food Chain and Food Web (approx. 20 mins)
- Activity Living Things Food Web (approx. 10 minutes)
- Lesson 3: Predator, Prey and Scavenger (approx. 20 mins)
- Lesson 4: How Do We Help Conserve Species? (approx. 20 mins)
- Handout Interactive Activities Living Things Lessons 1-2 (printable documents to use in case computer or wifi access is limited)
Go here if you need to make a class on Kids Boost Immunity.
Go here to get your students to join.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
Questions? Feedback? Leave a comment below!
(sign in as a teacher to view/submit comments)