Getting Students to Join Your Class / Team
In order for students to use Kids Boost Immunity, they must be registered to a team. Please refer to the User Guide for Creating a Team for more details on how to create your own team. Please note that students do not see the same things as teachers. For example, they don't see the User Guide, and nor can they select a grade. In addition, teachers do not earn vaccines.
Students can register by going to the SIGN UP button at the top right of the main screen. They will fill out a very easy form that takes less than a minute to complete.
Students will be required to fill out the following:
- Click the button next to student
- Enter their first name only (or any name that you can identify them by)
- Enter the first letter of their last name (or any letter you can identify them by)
- Type in the team registration code that you have created . For more on this, refer to the Creating a Team guide
- Enter a password of their choice, twice
Notes on the end of the school year
Please note that at the end of the school year, all student accounts and associated data are anonymized. This means that after the school year ends:
- Students can no longer use the site with the account they created
- No one (including admins of KBI) can identify any students with their results
- Teachers cannot see individual student scores. However, they can see broad aggregate information, such as the number of vaccines earned as a team
Furthermore, team registration codes are reset each school year. Teachers can use the same registration code every year, if they wish to do so, and as long as another teacher has not already selected the same registration code for the current school year.
Questions? Leave a comment below!
98,655 questions answered and 7,379 vaccines earned in support of UNICEF this school year.
2,878,032 questions have been answered and 204,274 vaccines have been earned for children in support of UNICEF since March 2018.
(Updated every few minutes.)
Thank you for acting locally to help immunize globally.
You are helping people around the globe get immunity to diseases like polio, tetanus and measles that can be prevented or even eliminated through vaccination! Thank you for all the great work!