Unit Plan: Critical Thinking & Evaluating Information (4-7)
This unit plan overview provides links to all lessons along with links to accompanying teacher support materials that include:
Student worksheets and answer guides for individual lessons
Inquiry activities (support materials are provided as needed)
NOTE - answer keys/marking guides are accessible only by teachers and are located at the bottom of this page.
Teachers can use/adapt any of these materials as needed.
When possible, content will be updated yearly for relevancy and to check links. However, teachers may find that over time links to external sources become unavailable. Teachers may want to consider replacing these with alternate sources.
Critical Thinking & Evaluating Information (4-7) lessons and links to resources are listed below.
Online lessons have audio and interactive activities. Suggested grade level is indicated for each.
Download worksheets and make available to your students:
- Lesson 1 The Power of the Story (approx. 20 mins)
- Activity Anyone Can Create A False Story Grs 4-5, Grs 6-7 (approx. 10 minutes)
- Lesson 2 How To Collect Trustworthy Information: The TRAAP Test (approx. 30 mins)
- Handout TRAAP Checklist Worksheet Grs 4-5 (approx. 15 minutes)
- TRAAP Critical Thinking & Evaluating information Worksheet Grs 6-7 (20 mins)
- Lesson 3 Primary and Secondary Sources (approx. 20 mins)
- Activity Sort & Suggest Primary & Secondary Sources Grs 4-7 (approx. 15 minutes)
- Lesson 4 Thinking Critically About Information: Beware of Bias Part 1 (approx. 20 mins)
- Lesson 5 Thinking Critically About Information: Beware of Bias Part 2 (approx. 20 mins)
- Activity Bias Worksheet Grs 4-5 (approx. 10 minutes)
- Lesson 6 How To Test Ideas By Creating Experiments: The Scientific Method (approx. 20 mins)
- Handout Scientific Method Worksheet Grs 4-5 (approx. 10 minutes)
- Handout Interactive Activities Critical Thinking and Evaluating Information Lessons 2-6 Grs 4-7 (printable documents to use in case computer or wifi access is limited)
- Answer Guides—To hide from students, you have to be logged in and scroll down to the answer key section below!
Go here if you need to make a class on Kids Boost Immunity.
Go here to get your students to join.
Contact email@example.com if you need help.
Questions? Feedback? Leave a comment below!
(sign in as a teacher to view/submit comments)